Keep Your Jewellery Sparkling!
With every piece of jewellery purchased from ANNIE HAAK, we will supply a keep me sparkling care guide accompanied by a polishing cloth to clean your jewellery (excluding sale items). Please be advised that this should be kept out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged contact with skin and wash your hands thoroughly after handling. Our polishing cloths contain Octadecane-1-thiol: sodium p-chloro-m-cresolate which may cause allergic reactions.
Tips to keep your jewellery looking fabulous:
- Hairspray, perfume and body sprays can cause your silver jewellery to tarnish so we suggest putting your jewellery on last when dressing.
- Harsh chemicals such as bleach, chlorine and other cleaning detergents can cause silver to tarnish and dull the shine so we advise to take off your jewellery before doing housework.
- We recommend that you take off your jewellery and keep it somewhere safe when bathing, showering or swimming as the water and chemicals will damage your jewellery.
- Keep your wonderful new jewellery in the gorgeous pouch it came in. This will prevent scratching and slow tarnishing.
- If you start to feel like your jewellery has lost some of its shine, we suggest using a soft jeweller’s silver cloth to gently polish it which will restore the sparkle. Alternatively, you can clean it in mild soapy water ensuring that you dry it thoroughly before putting away.
- We advise against using silver dips as they contain harsh chemicals.
Fine Silver is too soft to be used in jewellery design. Sterling silver is an alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. This gives the silver more strength and high precious metal content, ideal for jewellery.
Gold and Rose Gold Plating:
Like silver, gold is too malleable to be used alone. Gold is always mixed with another metal to strengthen it to make jewellery.
Our charms are Sterling silver plated with 14 carat gold or rose gold. We currently use 2.5 Micron Vermeil plating which is expected to last longer with normal wear and tear, such as limited exposure to chemicals or perfume.
Our Rose Gold Beads are Rose Gold Vermeil, Rose Gold Vermeil is Sterling silver coated with a 2.5-micron layer of rose gold plate. Our gold beads are Gold Filled, which is constructed in two or three layers. The core metal is jewellers’ brass. The gold alloy is bonded to the outer surfaces of the brass core with heat and pressure. Gold-filled is legally required to contain 5% or 1/20 gold by weight. This 5% is then described by the caratage of the gold alloy. Most gold-filled is 12ct or 14ct gold-filled. It is most accurately labelled with the caratage, the “/” symbol, and then 20 to reflect this construction. Products are identified as 14/20 Gold-filled; alternatively, 14ct Gold-Filled is also acceptable.
A man-made crystal, these are regarded as the highest quality machine cut crystals in the world.
For more information and advice on caring for your Annie Haak jewellery please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org